cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

What's going on with crash pad availability on REI.com?

Hi @REI-JenK , @REI-CarterC , @REI-JohnJ 

What's up with Crash pads?  I just bought a Metolius last week in store, and wanted to get another today, but the Metolius model that I purchased now says "Co-Op Member Exclusive" and "This product is not available."  And when I search the term "crash pads" the search results are "Sorry, we couldn’t find any matches."

Just last week there were at least a half-dozen different models to choose from?

I am thoroughly confused...

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @Rob6 - Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It does look like both the Metolius Recon and the Metolius Magnum crash pads are currently out of stock and additional inventory is expected to arrive shortly. If you are interested in a different crash pad model, let us know and we will find the availability for you.

We are going to reach out to our product team to get some clarification about it currently showing as a member exclusive product and will respond here when we have more details.

Thanks again for bringing this question to us!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks @REI-CarterC !  

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@Rob6 - Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Our team is currently working on fixing the website bug that showed those products as member-exclusive.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes