cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: What are the timelines for returning/exchanging?

Hi folks-

I have been stuck in Asia for the past 6 months due to COVID-19.  In truth, I've been in Asia for the past 25 years but that's besides the point.  Anyway, I decided to return to the US and wanted to get back into hiking and camping.  In a previous lifetime, I did lots of the Long Trail in Vermont, the AT in North Carolina and Virginia and a couple of stellar trips in the Sierras with my late brother.  So I ordered a bunch of stuff from you and had it delivered to North Carolina. 

I changed the direction of my plans and have decided to go light.  Therefore I need to exchange bothe a sleeping bag and a pack.  It will be cutting it close - I had intended to be back in September but the Thai government's flight restrictions killed that.  Now I will (we hope) returning about 5 or 6 days within the year deadline.  But, of course, everything could be screwed up again if my flight gets canceled once again.  We'll just have to see. 

So, assuming I can make it in, do I just take the stuff I want to return to the REI store in Cary NC (close to where I will be staying) and they can do it there?  I kind of know what the replacement stuff will be and can just swap it over I imagine.  The replacement stuff is a bit more expensive so there's that. 

Anyway, wish me like and hope to see you in a couple of months. 

Dwightet

0 Likes
2 Replies

@DwightET Thanks for reaching out!

We have updated the timeline for returns during this time. Please check take a look at those updates on our Return Policy page. If you have more questions about your purchases, please call our customer service team at 1-800-426-4840.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Well done, John J.  This is a relief.  I envisioned myself jet lagged staggering into the REI store and, instead of getting a pack and a new sleeping bag, walking out with a kayak and a pair of snow shoes.

Thanks for the update and the help.

0 Likes