cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Welded seams have come apart

Recently washed my Mountain Hardwear jacket and some of and/or all of the welded seams have come apart from jacket! Especially the armpit zips! How can I re-attach the welded seams back to jacket?

0 Likes
3 Replies

@RUNNINGLZRD Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the welded seams on your jacket. Welded seams can be pretty tricky to repair, as they require heat to bond the fabric pieces. To clarify, your seams are welded, not glued? I once had a beloved Patagonia softshell jacket that was glued. When it had run its course the glue stopped holding and the jacket started falling apart. I was able to squeeze out another year or so of service by using flexible fabric glue, however, the process was arduous and sticky at best. Your best bet would be to work with a company like Rainy Pass Repair, an industry leader in outdoor gear and apparel repair. You can find their information on our Gear Repair Services Page

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

If you think that it is a material failure and the jacket is newish, I’d suggest submitting a warranty claim with MH here https://www.mountainhardwear.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MountainHardwear_US-Site/en_US/Warranty-S.... If it’s an older jacket it may be repairable with a flexible adhesive like aqua seal or SG-20. 

Agree with @PatrickB .

if it was me, I’d get on the phone with MH, with some pictures.

but how old is the jacket?

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes