cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: We stand for racial equity.

Over this past week, many of you have asked for more information about REI’s ongoing partnership with organizations and leaders who are working to ensure racial equity outdoors and across our community. For more than a decade, REI has worked with leaders in the fight for racial equity. We are proud to share a few of these groups and ask that you join us in supporting their vital efforts.

Here’s how you can get involved: Get to know these groups working for racial equity. Follow them, share their work, participate in their events and donate if you can.

And in addition to the continued partnership with these organizations, we are also making contributions to the crucial work of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and the National Urban League. Read the full article to learn more about some of the co-op partners who support BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) in the outdoors.

To learn more, visit our blog: How to Support Organizations Working Toward a More Inclusive Outdoor Community.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
15 Replies

wow, these responses are bouncing all over the place.

But, switching gears, I read today about new efforts to allow for the hunt for uranium deposits in the Grand Canyon watershed area.

I think, I would be against this, but have no clue what is being allowed now vs propaganda.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Amen @Philreedshikes !  I wish more people recognized and admitted to not knowing all the facts, and committed to learning and understanding all aspects, before jumping on any bandwagon, just because it seems the popular thing to do.  And to have intelligent, meaningful discussions that help to actually solve the problems of the world, instead of simply spouting rhetoric.

Let's all get back to discussions about our collective love of the outdoors and our outdoor pursuits.  The topics that reflect on our shared similarities, regardless of race, gender, creed, etc, rather than those that tend to divide us.

OK. Stepping off my soapbox now.

no kidding @Rob6 , let's talk about the outdoors....and camping....and backpacking...you know...the stuff that we all (hopefully) signed up for.

I thought I was bored before with the zillion posts on problems with returns, stores, more on returns, NON STOP 'when will my store open'.

Back to the treadmill, getting ready for Bridger Wilderness and 8 backpacking nights!  Wheels up on 7 July!  Mask ready!

I would rather talk about how my ursack can't hold 8 days of food and now I have to hang an overflow bag.

sigh.....

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Have a great trip, Phil!  We will be taking off for the North Cascades tomorrow morning.

0 Likes

Continuing the conversation here.

0 Likes

We are continuing this conversation here.

0 Likes