cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

waterproof case for cell phone

I'm looking to purchase a waterproof case for my cell phone to take my phone with me while kayaking.  Do you have a recommendation?  

2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @Swamp! Thanks for reaching out. We have several different waterproof case options available on our website and in store. Here is a link to the ones we have online Waterproof Phone Cases . Some are hard sided cases and others are made of more flexible fabric. A lot of them have lanyards or carabiners for easy carry options. This one Seattle Sports E-Merse R/S Original Waterproof Case, has a handle on the back so that it doesn’t slip out of your hand when wet! Make sure to take a look at the dimensions of your phone so that the case you purchase is large enough. If you are near a store you can bring your phone in and we can help you take a look at the different options. Have fun kayaking!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Swamp There are lots of great options on this question! Life Proof makes great cases for everyday day use.  Most Life Proofs cases will keep water away from your phone but will not help your phone to float. I would recommend a Seattle Sports E-MERSE series, there are many options and you could choose the best option for you.  Seattle Sports E-MERSE are a floating bag series. The one I have has the ability to tie the phone case to your boat or to yourself. These cases appear similar to a dry bag design.

The one I have even takes perfect picture in the bag!

Happy paddling!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes