cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Washing Sleeping Bags

Hi there,

Does REI offer any sleeping bag washing services?

is it straight forward to wash synth sleeping bags (Burrow bags my Montbell in this case)?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@omarwannahike REI unfortunately does not have a sleeping bag washing service. 

The good news is that a synthetic bag is way easier to wash than a down bag! Here is a really good video that might help!

httpss:/wwwwreii.com/learn/expert-advice/how-to-clean-a-sleeping-baghtmll

Also using a sleeping bag liner will also be an option that might help out in the future. I'm not sure "how" your sleeping bag is dirty, but if it is because of dirt and oils from you body this will help!  It is easier to wash your sleeping bag liner than your sleeping bag!

Good Luck!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
4 Replies

@omarwannahike REI unfortunately does not have a sleeping bag washing service. 

The good news is that a synthetic bag is way easier to wash than a down bag! Here is a really good video that might help!

httpss:/wwwwreii.com/learn/expert-advice/how-to-clean-a-sleeping-baghtmll

Also using a sleeping bag liner will also be an option that might help out in the future. I'm not sure "how" your sleeping bag is dirty, but if it is because of dirt and oils from you body this will help!  It is easier to wash your sleeping bag liner than your sleeping bag!

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Likes

@omarwannahike Glad you asked! Taking proper care of your gear is super important.

Like @REI-DaveM  said, REI doesn’t offer a bag washing service. However, we do partner with a company called Rainy Pass Repair Inc. based out of Seattle, Washington. They offer repairs and cleaning services for outdoor gear. You can ship them your bag and get it back all fresh and clean! Below is a link to their website in case you want to have someone else do the washing for you. LOL!

Rainy Pass Repair Inc.

0 Likes

Thanks!

I don't I'l lship them out to wash, but will check out that vid and go for it around here.

0 Likes