cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Warmest boots

I am looking for boots that will keep my feet warm in subzero temperatures for three or four hours at football games. Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@camillapie Thanks for reaching out!

We've got a couple boot options that should keep you warm in subzero temperatures! We face -20º F temperatures pretty regularly here in Fairbanks, AK, so I can definitely relate to needing to keep your feet warm over prolonged periods of time. The Sorel Caribou Winter Boots, Muck Boot Arctic Ice Mid Winter Boots, Kamik Snovalley2 Snow Boots, and Korkers Snowmageddon Snow Boots are all great options for really cold temperatures. 

Additionally, you'll want to keep a couple of things in mind when purchasing boots for temperatures that low. First, remember that high quality, warm socks will be very helpful in keeping you toasty when the temperature drops below zero. Secondly, the most important factor in keeping your feet warm is making sure you have good circulation all the way to your toes. Make sure you get boots that leave enough room so your feet don't lose circulation (and make sure you think about the thickness of the socks you'll be wearing!). Lastly, you may need to pick up some foot warmers, just in case. Even the warmest boots can be challenging to keep warm when you're not moving and generating heat. Hopefully the football game is exciting enough to keep you warm!

I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes