cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Virtual Outfitting experience

Well, once again I am not asking a question of an REI employee, but this seems the most appropriate board.

I just had my first experience with Virtual Outfitting, and I was quite impressed!

My local REI is about a half-hour drive from my house, so it's no problem to go there when I need to, so I've never really thought I had a need for the virtual assistant.  I went into my local store to try on a Salomon boot before I made up my mind about getting it.  Unfortunately, they did not have what I was looking for in a size that fit me.  I hate ordering shoes online because there are so many variables and have shoes that run a full 2 size difference that fit me.

So, I scheduled a virtual appointment.  The scheduling was easy, and asked for specific information so the Green Vest would be prepared.  I was pleasantly surprised to get an appointment only an hour later in the day; I was called exactly on time; the person assisting me, Stefan, was pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable.  The call was scheduled for 45 minutes, but we were able to figure everything out within about 20 minutes, even including my going off-track onto another topic (normal for me).  And, I got a follow up email with a synopsis of the call and links to the products we discussed.  All-in-all a really good experience.

I'd like to extend my thanks, and kudos to Stefan, and hopefully the REI staff will pass this along to the appropriate parties.

To anyone struggling with a size or gear selection, I can say this is definitely a worthwhile service.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
3 Replies

@Rob6 

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your Virtual Outfitting appointment! We will be sure to pass along your positive experience and appreciation of Stefan. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Good to .  Thanks!!

0 Likes

@Rob6 , I had no idea that that was even an option, thank you!  Like you, my local REI is close (30 to 45 minutes, traffic pending) and I love to go anytime Inget an excuse to (my wife calls it one of my "happy places").  Even so though, I don't do well in crowds, and I get anxious and nervous asking questions at the store (I typically spend hours online researching to try to avoid having to ask questions "in person").  An option for a virtual outfitting type option would be awesome.  Again, thank you for bringing it up and thank you to REI for being awesome 🙂