cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Vagabond 40

Why can you not find a vagabond 40 backpack anywhere?

2 Replies

@bballpapa Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately the REI Vagabond 40 travel pack has not been in production for several years. However, there are several really great travel packs out there to choose from! Check out the REI Co-op Ruckpack 40 Pack or the Osprey Farpoint 40 Travel Pack. The REI Co-op Ruckpack 40 is probably the closest to the Vagabond style of pack. The hip belt and shoulder straps zip into a pocket if you need to check the bag and it has a handle on the side for carrying it 'briefcase' style. If those don't meet your needs you may find what you are looking for with some of our other Travel Pack offerings.

I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

It is too bad that REI took the Vagabond 40 out of their inventory.  The follow on products don't have the same array of simplicity coupled with features.  the Vagabond 40 has been the best bag for me.  I have taken it to seven continents.  Most trips, it is the only piece of "luggage" that I travel with.   If you are lucky, you can find one at a swap or on eBay.