cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Used Tent Gear - No Poles??

I recently purchased the REI Grand Hut 6 tent from the used gear section.  I realized it was a final sale but expected there to be all the equipment to make a tent usable...

The tag mentioned light wear and tear, which I was fine with.  I didn't actually unfold the entire tent to see what was inside the bag, my fault I guess.  My question is, what can I do now?  Not sure if the poles were removed from the bag and are sitting on a shelf, someone took them out, or they took the return without the poles and didn't notice.

Would you guys have sold a tent without poles?

Can I get the poles as part of a warranty or something?

Assuming the poles aren't still sitting in the store, can I order new poles?

Not sure what to do with this thing now... any suggestions?

0 Likes
2 Replies

@57even 

Thank you for reaching out, although we're sorry to hear it is because the tent you purchased did not have any poles. It sounds like you purchased this tent from the used gear section of your local REI store. If that is the case, your best bet is to call the store and ask to speak with a manager. They will be in the best position to help find a solution for you.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hi John, 

unfortunately they didn’t have the poles in the used gear section. But they did get a manager to approve the return.  My faith in REI srestored we purchased a full price one instead. 

0 Likes