cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Used gear - return policy?

Hi, I bought a used running gear and finally started using them two weeks ago but today as I’am trying 18 miler I was stop by sever pain. I visited REI Santa Anita,CA tonight and showed my injury to Matt and ended up buying a new pair. Question to you can I still return this product?(8F6571E2).Pls let me know,thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Will1 thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear the first piece of running gear isn't working for you but also glad you were able to get a pair that will. In terms of returning the first item, here is a link to our Return Policy - you'll notice a few sections specifically dedicated to used gear. There are a few details we'd need to know before we can answer your question directly, including how long ago you purchased it and if you purchased it through our website or from a Garage Sale in one of our stores; the policy varies slightly depending on these details. Feel free to reach out again here if you have more questions or want to provide those details so we can answer more directly. You can also contact our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes