cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

UPDATE: REI retail stores are temporarily closed until further notice

Co-op employees and members,

As the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread throughout the communities where we all live and work, we have consistently looked for ways to help protect the health and safety of our employees and customers. Since our founding, REI has been about doing the right thing for our community.  

After a great deal of careful consideration, we are temporarily closing our 162 retail stores nationwide starting tomorrow, March 16, through March 27 I believe that is the right thing for our community. In fact, I believe it is our duty—to do all we can to help keep one another safe in this unprecedented moment. 

That also means all employees from our stores will be paid during this temporary closure. And, even with our stores closed, we will be working hard to do everything we can to continue to serve our customers. All orders through REI.com will get free shipping while our stores are closed. Customers who have questions about gear and local outdoor activities that they’d normally ask in our stores can get answers through our digital community, REI Conversations and Co-op Journal will feature articles that help people find ways to get outside even during these challenging times 

We’ve always been deliberate and transparent when making significant decisions about our business. This is a difficult decision for any business, and I do not make it lightly. Our decisions are grounded in the belief that there are more important things than business right now—we owe that to one another 

Know that we will continue to work closely with our teams and public health officials throughout the country to understand how to best serve your needs, and serve our customers as soon as local conditions allow. We’ll continue to share information with our members and employees as we move forward together into a future that’s hard to predict. 

In the meantime, thank you for your understanding, your patience and, most of all, for being a part of this incredible community. The outdoors remains a vital part of all our lives, especially in moments like this.  

Be well and take care of one another. 

My very best, 

Eric Artz 

President & CEO, REI Co-op 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
49 Replies

@hikermor thank you so much for your support!

0 Likes

God bless you for doing what is right instead of focusing on the money it will cost you. This is why we love REI and will continue to shop there when this is all behind us.

@Tinuviel thank you so much for your kind words!

I think this decision shows REI’s commitment to our communities and their employees.  

@icilag13 thank you so much!

I'm registered for a workshop on Tuesday at Roseville REI. Will fees be reimbursed? 

0 Likes

@Rozi thanks for reaching out! Yes, all registered participants will receive a full refund.

I figured as much. You wouldn't back your sales with guarantees and not your other "products". Thanks for your quick response.

Does this apply to all REI locations & work shops? I'm registered for water treatment in St. Louis Mo.

Thank you for your time & dedication. 

Michelle

Howdy @Gypsybees

This does apply to all REI locations & workshops scheduled during our temporary closure. Thank you for your note and understanding!

In service,

Jason O.

0 Likes