cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Travel Package with 5 year old in tow

I want to plan a trip with my 5 year old active granddaughter. Is there an REI tour for about a week that would suitable and fun? 

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Stokes what a lucky granddaughter! Unfortunately, I don't have a great answer for you just yet but have asked a few other folks and am hoping to have at least 1 recommendation for you soon. Most of our Family Friendly REI Adventures trips are offered for families with kids aged 8-17. More to come!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Stokes after checking with a few folks, it doesn't seem that we have a trip that would be ideal for a 5 year old; most of our family-friendly REI Adventures trips are suited for kids between 8-17. I have 2 ideas: (1) you could call our Adventures team (800-622-2236) and inquire if any exceptions could be made if you booked a private departure. (2) although not the same as a week-long trip with your granddaughter, depending on where you live, there might be a weekend option, like a camping trip, or a day class, like Learn to Ride a Bike, that she would enjoy. I'm sorry we don't have exactly what you're looking for but hope these suggestions may inspire some summer fun!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes