cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

suggestion for REI partnership - Society for Protection and Care of Children

Good day.  I am a frequent shopper at the REI store in Henrietta New York..  across the street from the REI is the visitation center for spcc,  the society for protection and care of children.  

I was just wondering if the REI store could connect in some way with the spcc program.  Perhaps coordinating camping trips with visiting parents, perhaps donating outdoor gear such as climbing gear to encourage visiting parents to communicate better with their children.

I just feel that REI location makes it ideal location to connect with the spcc program in some manner.

Is there anything I can do to help facilitate this connection?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @Rakkaus - Thanks for reaching out! 

Relationships with non-profits are one of the many amazing connections we make with local communities through our stores. Our outdoor programs and outreach teams work with store managers to identify non-profit organizations to partner with on a local level. We suggest visiting or calling the Rochester REI to share your suggestions. They will be the best place to share your thoughtful recommendations! 

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes