cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Re: Specifications of Adventure Tourlite bag bought in 2001

I bought an REI adventure tourlite bag back in 2001 and I am trying to see if there is a way to look up the specifications of the bag. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
6 Replies

Hi @dconklin - Thank you so much for reaching out! We’re looking into records to see if we can find that product info for you. Love to hear that you're keen on specifications for a bag from 2001. How cool! When we have an update, we’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-CarterC  Thank you very much!  I absolutely LOVE the bag and still use it!  I am hoping to buy another bag of similar size so wondering what the size, etc. is.

0 Likes

That sounds about right!  With the dimensions being 21x25x6.5-10.5 inches... what size bag do you think would compare as far as 40L, 60L, etc.?

0 Likes

@dconklin the bag is probably closest to a 40L - in comparison, something like the REI Co-op Big Haul 40 Duffel is 21.3 x 13.4 x 10.2 inches. Hope this helps!

@dconklin let's see if this description sounds right (it's for the REI TourLite Travel Pack):

• Panel-loading, main compartment features a large mesh pocket to help organize bag contents
  • Expansion zipper adds capacity when you need to carry more gear or have souvenirs to haul home
  • Large zippered front pocket and zippered slash pocket help organize gear and keep essentials close at hand
  • Leather-wrapped side handle; top webbing handle; padded, adjustable shoulder strap and backpack straps allow multiple carrying options
  • Foam-padded, adjustable curved shoulder straps with sternum strap; foam-padded hipbelt and foam-padded back provide comfort when carrying as a pack
  • Shoulder straps and hipbelt tuck away when carrying as luggage or checking as baggage
  • Internal and external compression-straps help stabilize the load
  • Made from abrasion-resistant 500-denier ripstop polyester with 1000-denier Cordura(R) nylon bottom for durability

If that sounds right, what specs are you most interested in? We know the following:

• Fit torsos 14.5-23.5 inches and waists 21.5-49 inches
  • Made of ripstop polyester/Cordura nylon
  • Dimensions - 21 x 15 x 6.5-10.5 inches

If that doesn't sound accurate, and if you purchased the bag on an REI membership, your local REI's store team would possibly be able to look at your purchase history, identify the correct bag, and access specifications for you.

We hope this helps!

0 Likes

Thank you