cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Special Order, Cannondale Electric Bike

Just wondering if REI plans to restock the Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3 or Carbon Lefty 1 this year?

I purchased the Carbon Lefty 3 from REI in February.  It turned out to be a class 1 build instead of a class 3 build.  I spoke to REI in Farmington about the discrepancy and they said that I could return the bike and get the correct build (as listed when I ordered the bike), but unfortunately REI has not restocked this item.  I was hoping that this was a software issue that could be resolved by REI's bike shop, but others who purchased the same item have taken their bikes to REI and were told that it is not possible to fix the issue via software.  It is a 500 mile round trip to REI  and I've been waiting for REI to restock so I could reorder and return my current bike.   I'm even willing to upgrade to the Neo Caron Lefty 1 if that can be special ordered and shipped to the Bozeman Store.  If not, then I guess I will just have to return the bike and see if I can locate one elsewhere.

Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3 | Electric Road Bikes | Cannondale

Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 1 | Electric Road Bikes | Cannondale

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi @OldXCguy - Thanks for reaching out!

We are going to look into the details of this for you and will respond here when we have more information.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi @OldXCguy - Thanks for your patience as we gathered information about this.

We are not planning to carry the Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3 or 1 this year. 

For updating the bike, the Class 1 and Class 3 versions have different motors, so our shops would not be able to make those changes with a software update.

With that, it unfortunately does not look like we will be able to get you set up with a Carbon Lefty 3 this year.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

0 Likes

Is it possible to special order one?  I'd be happy to pay up front.

0 Likes

@OldXCguy 

While the status could update at some point throughout the rest of the year, right now there is no availability to special order either of these bikes through Cannondale.

Special orders and their availability is done on a local store level, so if you are interested in this possibility down the line, your best bet will be to call your nearest store to see if there have been any updates. 

Thanks!

0 Likes