cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

snapped tent poles for a half dome 2HC tent

the tips of two segments of tent poles  (the ends that slip into the end of another) snapped during a gusty wind event (several hours long) last week in Wyoming; long stakes kept the entire tent from flying away. I limped thru the rest of the week thanks to a zip tie to keep poles together at the top keystone piece, some duct-tape to round the edges of the broken metal to protect the internal strings/elastic, and not using the fly, not wanting to ruin it (one snapped end created a great opportunity to rip any fabric). I thus need a complete replacement of the poles -- possible? The tent is otherwise in *great shape, before and after, has held up super well, so I'd like to keep it going. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @skidwell - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry to hear that your tent's poles snapped with the large wind gusts.

While we do not offer replacements poles at this time, we suggest using the company Tent Pole Technologies to order those pieces. They should be able to provide you with what you are looking for.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes