cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Sleeping bag stuff sack

My Magma 15 women's down sleeping bag came with a stuff sack.  However, the bag doesn't fit inside the stuff sack (approximately 16" long, 11" in diameter. This is my third REI down bag so I'm not exactly a newly at stuffing a bag into its sack.  Advice?  Is this the right size stuff sack?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Leilani 

Thanks for reaching out!

The listed dimensions of the REI Co-op Magma 15 Sleeping bag stuff sack are 7.5" by 15", which is roughly a 10 liter stuff sack. These dimensions are confirmed by the listed specs for the REI Co-op Durable stuff sacks, (10L stuff sack measuring at 7" x 15"). The 'long' Magma 15 sleeping bag has a compressed volume of 10 liters and the 'regular' has a compressed volume of just over 7 liters. If you have the long model it should fit, although it will be tight in that stuff sack. It sounds like you have a good amount of experience getting a sleeping bag into a stuff sack, so you probably know most of the 'tricks' like making sure you're putting the bottom of the sleeping bag in first.

It is pretty challenging for us to diagnose the issue without having the stuff sack in front of us. If you think the it is too small, we recommend taking your sleeping bag and stuff sack into your local REI store to see if they can help you troubleshoot, or you can purchase a 15 liter version of the stuff sack linked above, which should give you enough room to get your sleeping bag in there without too much trouble.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes