cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Sizing a bike: Looking to buy a mountain Bike

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Cannondale Trail 8 Mountain bike but unsure of size to get. Do I go with a medium (5’6-5’10) or large (5’10-6’1)  Also, if I order the bike online is there an option to have the bike delivered built?

I am 5’10 In height

0 Likes
1 Reply

@enripuli Thanks for reaching out!

First off, if you have any bike shipped to your home it will require some assembly. You can read more about what that looks like on this thread. Additionally, you can take look at our FAQs for more information about bike shipping and assembly.

In terms of sizing, that is going to depend on a couple of measurements and your style of riding. Generally speaking, for beginning to intermediate riders, standover height is going to be the most important measurement. The Cannondale Trail 8 has a standover height of 32" for the large and 31" for the medium. If you take an inseam measurement with your shoes on that will give you an idea of where to start with standover height. You can find a lot more good information about sizing a mountain bike in this Expert Advice article on Mountain Bike Fitting Basics

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.