cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Shoe Sizing

Hi,

imI wear a 12.5 and most of the shoes I’m interested in are not offered in half sizes above a 12. The manufacturers such as Hoka and Altra do make them in half sizes but it is not an option when selecting these shoes on the two website. Is it possible to get a 12.5 in the Torin 4 Plush or the Hoka Bondi 6 from REI?

3 Replies

@barronnealdavis Thanks for reaching out!

Often times footwear manufacturers only produce shoes in whole sizes after size 12, so REI may simply be trying to be consistent in its purchasing options for footwear. It's outside my expertise to speculate further there, however I can understand how it can be frustrating to not be able to find your size in the footwear you would like. REI does offer a special order option for many of our brands for products they make but REI does not carry. I recommend you go into an REI store and ask them about special order options for those brands. They will be able to see if Hoka or Altra have those sizes available to purchase through REI.

I hope this helps, thanks for reaching out!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I also wear size 12.5, and know that Hoka manufactures that size, and I already have one pair, and would like to order another, but see that REI doesn't carry that size.   Down here on the Florida Panhandle, there are no REI stores for me to visit, in contradistinction to Portland OR where I reside in the summers.  Suggestions for getting a size 12.5?

0 Likes

@Mikeo thanks for the question! This is a tricky one...at REI, we do have a special order process where we can contact vendors directly to order products that they make but REI does not normally carry. Two challenges with your specific ask: Hoka is not currently listed as a vendor with which we can place special orders...and, our special order process is one that is facilitated by our store teams, so while our stores are closed, this process is on hold. Our best suggestion would be to order directly from Hoka and, if you aren't seeing the model you want in a 12.5, perhaps connect directly with them? Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes