cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Ship To Store

I am needing new trail runners. I've worn Altra's for a couple of years and have found that different models fit differently. I'm also interested in trying on the Topo Mtn Racer. I'm 1.5 hours away from my closest REI and i see online that they do not have the shoes in stock that i'd like to try on. Is it ok to order say 4 pairs of shoes and ship them to the store, Go try them on and only buy 1 pair (providing that one fits correctly)? Do i get charged for the order when i place it? Or do i get charged at the store once i decide what works? Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
1 Reply

@philbio75 great question! It is absolutely OK to order multiple pairs of trail runners to be sent to your closest REI store, knowing you're far away and that you'll need to try on a bunch to find the best fit! You will enter your credit card information when you place the order on REI.com - we will put a hold for that amount on your card while the items ship to your local store; this typically shows as a pending charge on your credit card statement - when you arrive in store and pick up your shoes, a final charge gets processed through to your credit card. Stores do this all the time, so the Customer Service team at your local store will know how to handle it! Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.