cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Seems to Be a Common Problem ... REI 8x42 Binoculars Feedback

Hi - I have the same issues as others in your community with the REI branded binoculars 8 x 42. For example:

"We lost an REI branded binocular 8 x 42 waterproof eye piece today. Who manufactured the REI brand binocular purchased 5/23/2015 for $142? I hope to be able to find a replacement eye piece, but I don't know which manufacturer to search by. Thank you.

David Clark"

It is disappointing to me that you do not provide replacements eye pieces, especially since this seems to be a common problem with the REI-branded product. We have also lost the lens caps, which seems to be another common problem - but we knew that was likely from the online reviews of your product, so are not as disappointed.

We would appreciate any help you can provide.

AR

0 Likes
2 Replies

@AR 

Thank you for reaching out, although we are sorry that it is because you are having this issue with your binoculars. When we carried them, our binoculars were made by Kruger Optical. Unfortunately, at this time, it does not appear that Kruger Optical has a website with contact or repair information. As such, it looks like your only option for your binoculars would be to go through a third party optics repair service. A quick web search of 'Binocular repair in the US' turned up several options that may be able to repair your binoculars. In their FAQ section, Suddarth Optical Repair specifically mentions REI binoculars as a brand they service.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback to us.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

did you have any luck resolving this issue?  They fell off of my pair too.  Guy and Suddarth optical wan't able to assist.

thanks.

0 Likes