cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Savanna Trails Pants Stitching problem

This past January I bought a pair of Savanna Trails Pants item #148-666-0040.  I really like the pants a lot and since then I have purchased three more pairs, however, I noticed today that some stitching along the seat seems to be broken.  I have taken a photo of the broken stitches.  What made me notice this is today when I bent down to pick up something off the floor I heard what sounded like a seam strain.  This bending over was by no means out of the ordinary.  I have done it in the past many times.  Any suggestions?  Is this out of the ordinary?

Thank you,

Dan Zemanek

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Ier1412 Hi there, you have 1 yr to return them. 

But as for me, I’m currently using the sahara convertible (for about 5 years), they dry so fast I’m always amazed!

As long as I can take them to get re-sewn, which seems to be yearly, I’ll never part with them, lol!

sad to see the current version of the model getting such low ratings.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

@Ier1412 Dan,

Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with this pair of pants, particularly since they seem to be working well for you otherwise. If you don't mind, we'd appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions for us:

• Just to clarify, you have only had this issue with one pair of these pants?
  • Is there any difference in the seam that you can see between the different pairs of pants?
  • Were you able to upload a photo? We checked and don't see one.

While we haven't heard any feedback about these pants with this specific issue, we do appreciate you letting us know. As @Philreedshikes suggests, you are covered by our satisfaction guarantee. If you'd like to return them your best bet is to wait until our stores reopen, or you can return them by mail by following the steps here.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes