cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

returns

I purchased 4 C02 cartridges in 2016 in the Biking section of my local REI.  These are used with inflator devices to pump up a tire.  I buy several of these cartridges every couple of years.  Today, when I had a flat, I notices that the cartridge was not threaded.  Every inflator I own (3) and every one I've ever seen takes a threaded cartridge.  I don't know why REI would have the unthreaded versions in the bike section but at any rate I bought the wrong ones.  Back in 2016 it turned out.

These cartridges are sealed.  They don't wear out.  They are either good (unused) or empty (used).  The same ones are sold today as in 2016.  You see where I'm going, right?  The clerk refused to take back the cartridges (Planet Bike, purchased for $2.50 each x 4) because they are over a year old.

I understand fully the change in policy from lifetime replacement to 1 year.  Except in this case, these cartridges are as good as the day they were made - still unused!  I can't use them, but maybe you can?

2 Replies

@terryrides Thanks for reaching out!

I understand how frustrating it can be to discover the product you have purchased does not function as needed. I apologize for any confusion! While REI does not currently carry any threadless CO2 bike pumps, we have in the past and brands continue to manufacture them as well. We stock the threadless cartridges to accomodate those customers who are still getting use out of their threadless pumps. I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. Thank you!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@terryrides we appreciate you reaching out to us, letting us know about your frustrating experience with the wrong product and an inability to return/exchange those cartridges at your local REI store. We will reach out to you via direct message to learn more about your store experience, so we can provide the store team with your feedback. Also, in the future, don't hesitate to ask to speak with the store's management team, as they are in the best position to resolve your concerns in the moment.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes