cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Returns - item bought in store

Hi! I purchased an item in store and I got home to realize that I purchased the wrong size. I’d like to return it and get the correct size but with the closure I’m not able to do that. Any advice for moving forward?

thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies

@BlazeP thanks for reaching out; sorry you wound up with the wrong size. Because of our store closures, you have 2 options currently for your exchange:

• You can purchase the size you want on REI.com and have it shipped directly to you for free,  then wait to process your return once our stores reopen
  • You can purchase the size you want on REI.com and have it shipped directly to you for free, then process your return through the mail (instructions here)

If neither of those options will work, you can contact our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840, noting that wait times have been longer than normal due to a high call volume.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you! That is helpful! 

For returning in store after things are running normally again, will the return window be extended past 30 days?

For returning by mail, it mentions that we need the receipt with it. If my receipt was emailed to me, can I include ID number or does it need to be printed out?

since the buyer is responsible for shipping costs, is any type of mail okay? Is USPS priority packing addressed to REI an okay way to do it?

thanks again! 

0 Likes

@BlazeP sorry for the delayed response; we missed your follow-up questions. Hopefully these answers are still helpful:

• Our return policy is actually 1 year for all new items, limited to 90 days for electronics and 30 days for used gear. If we're understanding your situation correctly, you should plenty of time to process your return!
  • Ideally you can include the receipt with your package, just to ensure we are able to process it as efficiently as possible.
  • You can mail the package back with whatever carrier you choose, so long as the carrier can provide tracking and insurance.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes