cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Returning items shipped to my house.

What is your policy about returns?

I need a new pair of walking shoes, and am considering ordering 3 pairs for delivery, and (hopefully) one will fit well and I can return the other 2.  During the pandemic, I'm not shopping in person and am avoiding stores altogether, so could I drop off the returns to an employee at the door? Ask my son to return them to the store for me? Or do I have to go to a post office to mail them back? Is there a charge for return shipping?

My local store is Berkeley CA.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@kathleencourts thank you for reaching out with this question. Per our return policy, you have a few options to return in-store and through the mail. A few details:

• In-store: unfortunately, we are not currently able to have customers drop returns off at the front door - they do need to be taken to our Customer Service team for processing. If it's more comfortable, your son can take the shoes in for you - just ensure he has your receipt (will arrive in the package) and the proper payment method for the refund.
  • Mail: using our online return portal, you can print out a shipping label from home to return the package in the mail - please note, at this time, there is a fee that will be deducted from your total refund for returning through the mail.

We hope this information is helpful. Also, let us know if we can help consult on the shoes you're thinking about purchasing online!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes