cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Returning First Pair of Climbing Shoes

About 2.5 months ago I bought my first pair of climbing shoes as a beginner. As I have been climbing quite a bit this summer, I am now using heel hooks and I've realized that the shoe fits my heel terribly. To make sure it wasn't just my foot I tried on a friend's shoe, and his fit my heel nice and snug. Would it be bad to return the shoes after 2.5 months of use? I feel bad because they are worn a bit, but I am having problems when climbing with my heels. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@MajorTahm 

Thanks for reaching out!

Our return policy states, 'We stand behind everything we sell. If you're not satisfied with your REI purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund within one year of purchase -- except for outdoor electronics, which must be returned within 90 days of purchase. Outdoor electronics include activity monitors, GPS-enabled devices, bike trainers, emergency-communication devices, and cameras.' In that regard, it sounds like you are well within the timeline for making the return. While we aim to get our customers in the best product for their needs, sometimes you need some time to figure out what is the best fit for you. That's where our satisfaction guarantee comes in to play.

Hopefully this helps and you're back on the crag (using those heel hooks) soon!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes