cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Returning a few Benchmade knives

I went to the REI store in burbank to return some Benchmade knives that I had recently bought, this is not something I want to do I have to return them, so from the moment that I said I needed to make a return the girls whole demeanor changed, immediately I felt as if I was being looked down upon, really as if I was beneath her. So while she is very rudely doing my return I ask if I can have the items held and she says a manager can handle that for me, like I said this is not what I want to do it is out of necessity, so the <content removed by moderator> manager comes up front and I ask for the items to be held for a few weeks for me if possible, he says no before I even finish, says it's against policy for more than 24 hours, and that was fine but the attitude he had was un called for, so she starts to finish my return when he says that he can't do it because I said I needed the money, says it was against store policy, after I had already said they were not what I had expected and that I was not satisfied. At this point there are people in line, I was trying to do this as descretly as possible, because it is rather embarrassing returning items. But 5hat didn't happen and then I was refused with an audience and it made me fell about an inch tall. I am a member of this store and I have spent a great deal of money there, I should have never been treated this way and I should have not been denied any return within reason, and I was well within any parameters your store has set. I would like for this store manager to be reprimanded but more importantly I would like to return the knives get my money back and do this without being made to feel like some <content removed by moderator>. What do I do????? 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@JCF1015 

Thank you for reaching out, although we are sorry it is because you felt this way during your return. Because of the myriad of factors that can affect a return, we trust our employees at the store-level to use their best judgement to make decisions regarding returns processing. We strive to deliver the best customer service experience possible, however, sometimes we miss the mark. We will pass your feedback regarding your experience along to the Burbank store team. However, because we do not have any of your contact information here in the community, your best bet is to reach out to the Burbank store yourself and ask to speak with the store manager to find a resolution.

Thank you for being a member and customer of REI.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes