cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Return of a damaged REI package

I just received a package that came in damaged and would like to request an exchange. Since we are currently required to maintain a "shelter in place" due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I am hesitant to return this item back to a mailing courier and would like to wait when stores reopen and it is safe to go out. I know you have a 90-day policy but in my case can I have an extension if needed (meaning if its still not safe for non-essential travel)? 

Please advise.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hello @snowbird ...

Thank you for your question!  I’m sorry to hear that you ended up with a damaged item. The simple answer is yes, we are happy to take the item back when stores re-open, or via mail, regardless if you will be past the intended return period. 

Since you referenced the 90 day policy, I am assuming this is an electronic? If not, as a reminder, you always have a full year for satisfaction returns. We also don’t ever want you stuck with something damaged, that you haven’t even been able to enjoy yet!

Hope this answers your questions and let us know if you need anything else!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes