cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Return a pack that is a size too big and purchase a smaller size same pack

The last pack I bought was a running pack and it is a size too big.  Bought it in end of February and was waiting for your store to reopen but then remembered the 30 day return.

What can I do and I would also like to purchase the next size down using the 20% coupon.

thanks

Luke

0 Likes
5 Replies

@Mardukis thanks for reaching out! A few thoughts:

• If the pack you bought from us was new, our Return Policy covers you for 1 year, so you would have until next February to return it. The 30-day window is only applicable to items purchased through our Used Gear site - you can see more on how to process a Used Gear return here.
  • Assuming the pack was new and is covered by our 1-year policy, we recommend waiting until our stores reopen to process your return. You also have the option of returning by mail - instructions can be found here.
  • For the new pack, we'd recommend purchasing by EOD today as our coupon does expire tonight!

Hope this helps; let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

If I purchase something today with the 20% coupon but then need to exchange it later, would you honor the 20% coupon on the new item? 

0 Likes

@torresl07 as long as the new item you select would have been eligible for the 20% coupon (i.e. is not one of the excluded items), then yes!

Even if the promotional period has expired. I just received an item I ordered online and applied the 20% discount and dividend. I would like to exchange for a different size. Will I still get 20% off even if promo expired?  Thanks. 

0 Likes

@ridelkagrl 

Thanks for the question!

The answer is yes, you can use the coupon when you are exchanging for the same item but a different size. In order to facilitate that exchange and apply the coupon to the new item, we recommend visiting your local REI store or contacting our Sales and Customer Service team at 1-800-426-4840 or via Live Chat to help place the order.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

0 Likes