cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Return a pack that is a size too big and purchase a smaller size same pack

The last pack I bought was a running pack and it is a size too big.  Bought it in end of February and was waiting for your store to reopen but then remembered the 30 day return.

What can I do and I would also like to purchase the next size down using the 20% coupon.

thanks

Luke

0 Likes
3 Replies
0 Likes

@Mardukis thanks for reaching out! A few thoughts:

• If the pack you bought from us was new, our Return Policy covers you for 1 year, so you would have until next February to return it. The 30-day window is only applicable to items purchased through our Used Gear site - you can see more on how to process a Used Gear return here.
  • Assuming the pack was new and is covered by our 1-year policy, we recommend waiting until our stores reopen to process your return. You also have the option of returning by mail - instructions can be found here.
  • For the new pack, we'd recommend purchasing by EOD today as our coupon does expire tonight!

Hope this helps; let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

If I purchase something today with the 20% coupon but then need to exchange it later, would you honor the 20% coupon on the new item? 

0 Likes

@torresl07 as long as the new item you select would have been eligible for the 20% coupon (i.e. is not one of the excluded items), then yes!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.