cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Replacement tube for Camelbak Omega Resevoir

I have a 3 liter Camelbak Omega resevoir and I need to replace the tube. The replacement tube that I see both on the REI website as well as the Camelbak website only is labeled Crux, which is the name of a newer model resevoir. Does the "Crux replacement tube" fit the older Omega resevoir?

0 Likes
3 Replies

@Bichael Thanks for reaching out!

The CamelBak Crux Replacement Tube will not fit your Omega reservoir. The Crux is a wider tube to accommodate the flow of more water. It does not appear that CamelBak offers a replacement tube for the Omega reservoir on their website either. You may be able to find a replacement tube from a third party seller online, or you could reach out to CamelBak directly, here.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I already sent an email to Camelbak, but I thought I would get a reply more promptly through REI and I was correct. Thanks.

Do you have any idea if any of the other brands of resevoirs that REI sells might have tubes that are compatible with my Omega from Camelbak?

Thanks again.

0 Likes

@Bichael Great question!

I was actually digging around for this information as it also occurred to me that you wouldn't necessarily have to use a CamelBak tube as long as the tube was the correct diameter. Here is what I have found out:

• The Crux tube is 5/16" wide on the inside and the Omega tube is 1/4".
  • Osprey Hydraulics Reservoir Hose is listed at 1/4" as well.
  • The Gregory Quick Disconnect Kit is also 1/4" tube but also comes with the disconnect piece.
  • Hydrapak also uses 1/4" tubing, however theirs come with pre-installed quick clips that are not compatible with CamelBak.
  • Platypus uses a wider tube more similar to the new Crux line.

As such, an Osprey, Gregory, or Hydrapak tube should fit your Omega reservoir. One tip for installing a new tube: it is beneficial to heat up the end of the tube before fitting it over the end of the hydration pack. You can run it under hot water or dip it in boiling water for a moment before installing it in order to make it more pliable and easier to get on.

Hopefully that helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes