cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Replacement Part - REI Shelter?

We have an REI Camp Shelter that is about 10-years old. We love it and it has served us well, but one of the design flaws is that when it rains, the water pools and creates too much weight for the pole structure to support. It happened to us shortly after we got it and one of the plastic "knuckles" broke, but I was fortunate enough to find a replacement part at my local REI (Bloomington, MN). It happened again this weekend on a camping trip and I'm hoping that perhaps there are some replacement parts on the national level as everything else is in good shape. Please let me know if there might be a source for replacement parts.

Thank you.

Todd ReemtsmaCamp Shelter "Knuckle"Camp Shelter "Knuckle"

11 Replies

same issue here…everything in good shape except for one broken joint 😞

duct tape is a temp fix in light rain (while we periodically pushed up/out the pooled water on alcove)…overnight it rained and alas, the inevitable 😞

resisting buying a new one to replace this…maybe one could fashion a joint w metal pipes cut and soldered together?

94BE724E-7571-4B66-9468-2B5B407DD37E.jpeg

0 Likes

70575BD9-D209-49A1-A747-851924E47C80.png

someone in another thread got replacement joints from a different company…will call monday…am hopeful!🤞🏽