cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: REI US Bank Visa - $100 gift card

I opened an REI VISA card a while back and the offer included a $100 gift card if you use the card w/in 60 days. I used it and am wondering about the gift card - is it a physical card by mail or a code via email? How long should it take to get the card? Thanks - Scott

8 Replies

Hi @swilliams25_mn1

To receive this one-time REI gift card, you must apply for an REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard. You should receive the $100 gift card 6-8 weeks after your first purchase with the card. The gift card will be sent to the primary applicant’s address. If it has been longer than 6 - 8 weeks, I'd suggest to contact Cardmember Services for the REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard. You can find their contact information here.

Hope that helps and thanks for being a member with the Co-op! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

Does it have to be a purchase at REI?

0 Likes

@KC1 Thanks for reaching out!

The qualifying purchase for the REI Mastercard does not need to be made at REI. It can be any purchase of any amount. From the terms and conditions:

To receive this one-time REI gift card, you must apply for an REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard and, if approved, make a qualifying purchase with your new REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard within 60 days of account opening. Purchase requirement is met by purchases only; advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, interest charges, fees, credit insurance charges, or transactions to fund certain prepaid card products are not eligible.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks John-

is there an amount you have to meet to be eligible for the $100 gift card? Like $20 or $100? Just want to be sure I meet the purchase criteria.

new here and excited about being a part of this community.

Hi @SamMTB1090 - Welcome and thanks for reaching out!

It's great to hear that you're excited about being a part of this community. We're happy to have you here and look forward to hearing from you in different conversations across the site!

To qualify for the gift card once you have opened a new REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard, you need to make a purchase, but there is no value amount that you must reach. 

Hopefully this helps! 

0 Likes

I believe the offer for me said I can get another gift card if I spend a certain amount of money on the card. Does anyone know how much I need to spend?

0 Likes

I was looking for the same information - I don't think there is any limit you must meet - it just has to be a purchase, and another gift card should be sufficient and this is what I plan to do.

To receive this one-time REI gift card, you must apply for an REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard and, if approved, make a qualifying purchase with your new REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard within 60 days of account opening. Purchase requirement is met by purchases only; advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, interest charges, fees, credit insurance charges, or transactions to fund certain prepaid card products are not eligible. Six to eight weeks after purchase, the REI gift card will be sent to the primary applicant’s address. The offer is subject to credit card approval and your new REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard Account must be open and in good standing at the time of fulfillment to receive the REI gift card. This gift card offer is available only to new REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard Accounts booked through this special offer. Existing and previous REI Co-op World Mastercard cardmembers are not eligible for this offer.

0 Likes

Hi @Dakane51 - Thanks for bringing this question to the community. Offers regarding the REI Mastercard are made through US Bank, so you will need to contact the Cardmember Service Team for more information on specific offers. You can find all of their contact information on the Cardmember Service Information page.

Hopefully this helps!

0 Likes