cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI Sahara CLASSIC convertible pants

please bring back the sahara classic convertible pants. (men’s)

i have ask in the stores and the employees always tell me there are a lot of request for them.    

However I don’t think they always send the info up the chain that these items are being requested as often as people ask.

These pants were brought back  about a year ago and then were discontinued again

please bring them back

Andy

0 Likes
3 Replies

@AndyC one of the reasons we're really excited about this online community is our ability to hear directly from our customers and pass their suggestions along to the right teams! So, thanks for reaching out and please know that we have provided your request to our designers/buying teams. If we hear any specific information back that we think would be of interest, we'll reply again here! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@AndyC one additional question - what is it about the current REI Co-op Sahara Convertible pants that you don't like as much as the "classic" design you mention? What's changed that you wish hadn't?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JenK the Reviews on the page you linked to describe several issues. In particular tight fit and lack of no-sit zips.

I can't speak for @AndyC  but the latter feature is of particular importance to me. After having several pairs with no-sit zips I would never buy a pair of convertible pants without it. Apparently I'm not the only one because this feature was highlighted in the name of the previous version of REI Co-op Sahara Convertible Pants with No-Sit Zips and lede, "The men's REI Sahara Convertible pants with No-Sit Zips feature an innovative new design that makes converting from pants to shorts and back again easier than ever before!") Alas this model is now discontinued. 

It's no surprise, at least to me, that customers who loved this feature would simply order more pairs without noticing that the reason why they bought these pants in the first place is no longer there.

...Wanderer

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes