cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI's Gear Donation Program

Can you tell me about the Donate Used Grear Program?  I just saw a link for the program, but it was not working.

0 Likes
5 Replies

@FJulias Thanks for reaching out!

Can you clarify for us that you are asking about the Give Back Box donation program? If so, it allows people to donate used gear or clothing to a charity by providing a pre-paid shipping label. 

We also have a Used Gear Buy-back program. The Used gear Buy-back program helps keep gear where it belongs: in use. REI members can trade-in the outdoor gear and apparel they no longer use for an REI gift card, and that gear will get a second life through our Used Gear site. The program is currently in “beta” and limited to invite only, but you can sign up for the waitlist if you would like to participate. It is important to note that for the safety of our employees and communities, REI Used Gear has temporarily paused operations through April 7th. 

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks for the information on the Give Back Box.  I have some used gear and clothing that I would like to donate.  I did not know about the Used Gear site.  I may even a few things for that.

If anyone has camping gear to donate please contact me. I have a disabled brother involved in an auto accident 6 years ago that has shown interest recently to take him camping. I want to take him, but money is very tight. Thank you so much for considering us. Much love 

0 Likes

@Woodmike888 - I have a Walrus Two Star tent from the early 90's to give away.  There is a small hole in one corner of the floor that can be taped over, and the clear vinyl on the fly tore a long time ago but was patched with coated nylon and does not leak.PXL_20210929_175354809.jpgPXL_20210929_175904115.jpgPXL_20210929_180254175.jpgPXL_20210929_181003691.jpg

We would be greatful. Thank you so much!!

0 Likes