cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI Quarter Dome T2 Excess Slack - Replacement Poles?

Hello,

I bought a REI Quarter Dome T2 tent back in 2015 and it has been serving me well since. I unpacked it today in preparation for an upcoming trip and the elastic rope inside the poles have lost all elasticity. I am even having quite a bit of difficulty assembling the poles because of all of the excess slack. Are there replacement poles that I can buy?

Thanks!

JBC

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @JBCheeseburger - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry it's because the cord in your tent poles has lost its elasticity. 

While we don't offer replacement poles, you can replace the cord within your existing poles. The Liberty Mountain Shockcord - 1/8" Diameter is the correct diameter for the Quarter Dome 2 and you can order it by the foot. You will have to take out your poles to measure how much length of cord you will need. We suggest adding a couple of feet to cover the length taken up with knots or if any mistakes are made that require shortening. 

This expert advice article on How to Fix a Tent Pole has some great tips and a video on how to replace the shockcord.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you for the quick and helpful response!

JBC

0 Likes

@JBCheeseburger - You're welcome!

Let us know if any additional questions come up and we'll be happy to help.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes