cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI in Arkansas

OK, so I've been an REI member for maybe 25 years or so, joining while I was in college. I loved going to the scratch and dent sales in Dallas and later in Reno when I lived out that way. But the last 12 years now, I've lived in a state without an REI. Ironically, I live in "The Natural State" of Arkansas! Lots of hiking, camping, mountain biking, and kayaking here, but no REI. So here's my pitch to anybody in REI management that may see this: "REI is a natural fit for the natural state". C'mon, that was pretty good. Anyway, let's make this happen. I'm a structural engineer, so I'll even design the store for you if REI doesn't already have a preferred engineer (how cool would that be to design for some rock climbing wall loads instead of just the usual snow and wind loads, right?). Later! 🙂

Jason

0 Likes
1 Reply

@mccoolj 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We've had some other users let us know that we needed a store in Arkansas! Feel free to check out the post, NW Arkansas needs and REI! We'll be sure to add your voice to theirs and pass your feedback along. On a personal note, I've heard that the mountain biking in Arkansas is top notch. I don't know when I'll be in that area but if I am I'll be sure to bring my bike!

Also, feel free to check out our State of Arkansas board to connect with other users in your state.

Again, welcome to the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes