cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI dividend/gift card policy questions

Hello,

I have a bunch of REI policy questions that I need to clarify before I delve into planning.

1. If I buy a full-priced item that is eligible for the dividend accumulation and then return it, do I keep the dividend?

2. How long does the dividend issued in March 2020, would last?

3. How long does the gift card remain valid after it is issued?  

Thanks,

0 Likes
4 Replies

Oh, and one more question:

4. Can you do special orders on the items that are not listed, but are a part of the product line that you sell, e.g., a piece of clothes, skis, boots of the size that is sold out but the model taht you currently sell?

Thanks,

0 Likes

@Dmitry Thanks for reaching out!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. If you buy a pull-priced item that is eligible for the dividend and return it you forfeit your dividend. If your dividend has been calculated for that item already (i.e. you purchased it in 2019 and are returning it in 2020) then the dividend amount will be subtracted from your return.

2. A dividend issued in March 2020 would expire at the end of the year in 2021.

3. If you are referring to the $20 member bonus card promo we are running currently, a bonus card purchased in a store expires on September 10th, 2020 and a bonus card earned online will have an expiration date that comes with it. You can read all the terms and conditions here.

4. Special orders for an item we do not carry but is sold by one of our vendors can be done in your local REI store only. Item availability, shipping, processing, and timelines are all variable and dependent on the vendor for fulfillment.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks, @REI-JohnJ 

I was referring for the gift card somebody gave me on my birthday. It was a custom gift card that the guest paid for.

Thanks,

0 Likes

@Dmitry 

Thanks for the clarification, I apologize that I misunderstood! A gift card purchased at REI has no expiration date, you can hang on to it for as long as you would like. 

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes