cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI boycott

Hello REI,

I have enjoyed patronizing your stores for many years and finally became a member in 2008. I am informed that you have made a stance against Facebook for reasons which you find important to you. I also believe that is important to take action when I find it necessary. As a result of your actions, my family and I will no longer make any purchases from REI.

I do not have any affiliation with Facebook, and have never had a Facebook account.

4 Replies

odd, but ok, to each his own, I'll still go with the best deal I can find, and am pretty happy with REI.  I guessed I missed the REI-FB issue, meh!  I'm pretty happy with REI's stances on stuff.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

If REI thought posting these statements and boycotting good companies would not have a lasting negative effect, I just became aware and cancelled my $1200.00 order.

Here we are 3 months later, and I could not agree more with you. This and I have just learned that most of their products are manufactured in China!! Anti-American, PRO-CHINA? I am devastated. It's crazy what you find doing a little digging. 

I will never support this company again, and I will help my fellow Americans by informing EVERYONE I know about this. 

Would someone please be kind enough to clearly explain what the issue(s) are?

If products manufactured abroad, especially in China, is the issue, please get real.  I just received a very nice gift and the literature with it stated 'Designed in Texas, manufactured in China."

it is  very fine item indeed.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Yeah, I'd like to know what the issue is too. 

I try as often and as much as possible/given a choice to buy USA made goods. Though given the world economy it's a bit harder to do.

0 Likes