cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Refund to take 6-8 weeks?

Hi! We do not have a REI in Kentucky. So, I went online to order a rainjacket needed for an upcoming trip. I called REI and talked to some amazing people about what they suggested for gortex raincoats. I ordered 3 different raincoats to try out and they told me that I could mail back the ones that didn't fit or didn't like with no problems. I did that and mailed back those almost immediately. That was 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received my refund. I called REI who then told me that new policies with returns are now taking 6-8 to receive refunds on their purchases. My total refund is roughly $400. I told them had I known this, I would have driven the 3 hours to the closest REI to return as opposed to waiting this long for the refund. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm so upset at my first experience with REI. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@jacquelynabrams 

Thank you for reaching out, although we are sorry that is because you had a poor experience. We apologize that we missed the mark with your first time shopping with REI. We have been experiencing a higher than usual amount of mail-in returns, which has increased our processing times. We apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate that you took the time to provide this feedback, both positive and negative, to us, we will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate team.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes