cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

rain jacket

Hello!
I would like to purchase a medium sized women's rain jacket. I'm looking for a shell, without much insulation  but a good impermeable. Please send me a recommendation or two...

Thanks,

Cynthia

0 Likes
1 Reply

@lunatique thank you for reaching out!

We carry many rain jackets that offer breathable waterproof membranes. Please consider the following:

Arc'teryx Zeta SL Rain Jacket-  Helps keep you dry and fresh out on the trail with the windproof, waterproof and breathable  The light and easy-to-pack design makes it a quick option when the weather goes bad.

REI Co-op Drypoint GTX Jacket- Built to protect you from harsh weather when you're moving fast and light in the backcountry, it's waterproof, windproof and highly breathable.

Patagonia Cloud Ridge Jacket- Combining a recycled waterproof/breathable shell provides simple, functional weather protection. It has 3-layer waterproof, breathable H2No Performance Standard shell has a recycled polyester membrane and face fabric with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish to keep you dry

The following jackets have no insulation and offer great breathability. One thing to keep in mind is the different types of waterproof membranes, usually the more layers the higher the weight of the jacket. Also, a jacket with more layers will last longer, if properly maintained, compared to 1-layer because the waterproof membrane is better protected.  This “how to choose rainwear article” is a good reference in understanding the different types of waterproof mater

Hope this helps! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes