cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Questions about store pick-up during REI store closures

I got my REI dividend, and looked for an item to buy, found it, but due to the lithium battery that is part of the item, shipping has been to a local store for pickup at that store... I plan to wait until the 20% coupon can be used on the item... If the coupon appears during the current virus event will shipping of this type of item be altered to send it direct instead of to the store for pickup? Or will a special pickup team be in place to do curb side delivery of a required pick up item, a bit like a drive thru service... at a store like the Alderwood REI.

0 Likes
7 Replies

@ECharles Thanks for reaching out!

The Co-op Sale, which includes the 20% member coupon you are referring to, will run from March 20 - April 6th. 

Our local store teams will be working to contact all customers who have packages that have already arrived in the store and arranging for alternate pick-up options on Monday and Tuesday of this week. At this time this option will only apply to packages that have already arrived, not those that are in transit or future orders, and we are asking that folks wait to be contacted by our store teams. If you need your item(s) before March 28 or have questions about shipping an item with a lithium ion battery, please contact our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840.

As you can imagine, everything is rapidly evolving and our plan, as of now, is to reopen our stores on March 28. With that said, we will continue to evaluate the situation around the country and keep our members and employees updated as quickly as possible if things change.

Hope this helps, thank you for being a member! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

As an added complication is the Washington state governor's announcement of a large number of businesses being closed until about …. his March 15 announcement... it may not affect REI, but parts might....

Knowing the date of the coupon range helps some... thanks for that.

0 Likes

I reread the shipping caution, it does ship by surface only, to an actual address.... so it looks like I am good for the free shipping to my address.

0 Likes

The item of Interest is the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 200x.... I have the Yeti 150 and like it a lot, but the 400 is lighter weight with more power. Looking forward to placing my order.

0 Likes

As an update on the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 200x order, it arrived before expected, the multiple boxes it was shipped in were labeled as an item to not be air shipped, lithium battery... charged it up as required... and have used it out by my outdoor fireplace for light and tablet charging... was up enjoying the fire until 3 am. Like the 200x a lot.

@ECharles That’s great to hear! Thanks for sharing an update!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I have Since added a Goal Zero Yeti 1500x and several solar panels... I used my 1500x recently to power my GoSun Fusion (not currently carried by REI) it is a solar cooker very related to the GoSun Go and Sport (from REI) but with added electric power...  late November my solar window is very narrow... the heating element is built into the tray, was able to do 2 rounds of cooking in the Fusion hooked to the Yeti 1500x... was impressed with how well they worked together.