cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Question about the Saris Bones Bike Rack

I purchased a Saris Bones EX 3-Bike Trunk Rack it was not put together when I removed it from the box.  I needed to remove the legs to adjust them for my vehicle when I did this the nuts would slip out from where the screw to hold the leg in place goes, is this normal?  I feel like it will be very easy to lose the nuts with this setup?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@jhogan Thanks for reaching out!

On the outer legs of your bike rack you should be able to loosen the nuts without removing the screw/bolt entirely. They should loosen enough to remove the leg without the nut coming completely off.  Once in position you should be able to slide them on and tighten them again. You should also be able to adjust the inner legs to your vehicle without removing them from the rack. There is a smooth section at the center of the 'hub' (around which all the legs can rotate), once you have loosened one of the legs you have to slide it along the 'hub' until you get to the smooth section and then you can rotate it into place, slide it back into position, and tighten it down.

Saris has a YouTube tutorial on installing this rack if it would help to see it in action.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes