cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Purchasing boots without trying on

What do you suggest is the best way to choose a new pair of hiking boots during your Anniversary sale without the ability to try them on for fit?  We are not opposed to purchasing several pairs to try on, but then we are only allotted one 20% coupon, so we're not assured that will be able to apply that coupon to the pair actually purchased, plus having to pay for the return postage.  Do you anticipate accepting curbside returns soon?  Currently own a pair of La Sportiva hiking boots in a 42.5 but need them larger to avoid my toes hitting the toe of the boots.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hello @Luv2Hike!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question! Purchasing boots without the ability to try them on can certainly be tricky! But we have some great resources available during this time. 

I would recommend setting up a virtual outfitting appointment!  Our customers have been loving the opportunity to get specific fit advice while our stores remain closed. 

We don’t have any new information to share at this time about when we will be offering curbside returns but we will continue to provide updates in our FAQ’s.

Thanks again for reaching out!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

My toes are at the end of my boots.  Do you suggest I go with a half or full size bigger?  A thumb's width for me is 1".

0 Likes

@Luv2Hike 

If you are currently hitting the end of your shoe, it is likely that you may need to go up by a full size. There are a few things to consider specifically with the boots that are European sized. 

Take a look at some previous advice given by @REI-PearlD and myself on sizing for La Sportiva boots

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes