cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Purchase 7/12/2019 Bontrager WaveCel Bike Helmet

I just completed the requested esurvey regarding my buying  experience at REI Seattle.  Upon completion of the survey, I started to think more in-depth about what transpired while shopping for an extremely important component of my commitment to bicycling in Seattle....the choice of the best helmet on the market.

Sad to say, your bike department does a complete dis-service to the Bontrager WaveCel helmet.   It was my own research that steered me to the product.  REI on-site display and subsequent tech/sales staff provided little if any support to my purchase, other than, fit!  When I inquired about an approved or suggested lamp that would fit the Bontrager helmet, I had to wait for tech to consult others to provide product recommendation, and even then, I had little confidence in tech's suggested solution, and it was another $60.00 additional!  

Check-out the Trek/Bontrager website, then tell me your staff knows what they are selling?

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-accessories/bike-helmets/bontrager-wavecel-helm...

Ultimately concerned with best product, safety and application of product to activity,  I find your staff and display information....lacking!   Go to my survey review for more insight into my experience today  

Frankly the bike helmet display is confusing, poorly maintained and incomplete!

Needs attention!

Regards, 

Victor J. Liss, Jr.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am moving your post to the "Ask an REI Employee" board, where another employee will get back to you shortly.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

@vjlissjr thank you for providing feedback about your store experience via our survey and for following up in the community as well. I always encourage our customers to connect directly with the store's management team, if possible, as they are in the best position to resolve your concerns. You can find your local store's information here.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes