cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Product Returns during store closures

What is the policy for product returns during the closure of the stores? I have two products I received via mail order to return and usually return all my purchases in store. Will a waiver be granted for the standard 90-day return policy?

Thank you!

10 Replies

I just wanted to offer up my opinion and position here to clarify my position on this return situation. 

Why i am annoyed with REI?

You are not altering your return process when most well known companies have altered their return operations/position.

Purchases/Returns

I also made large bulk purchases that are very expensive. I wanted to exchange/possibly return said items, but the stores closed without prompting people with enough time to make the returns or offering them relief by pausing the payments on credit cards. Also the return layout was not offset and split with the customers.

What am i doing about it?

I am now going to utilize the wording the customer service gave me when i called "...you have 1 year to return items so that is what i am going to do." When you tell a loyal customer we are not changing our return policy because we will open eventually and expect everyone to not have other options to offset the money they have to pay into the credit card after making the purchases is not a good stance.

I am going to return all my items from within a year, purchase them at another company, and never shop at REI again. I do not appreciate the inability to share the cost and assume all the cost for shipping.

I am assuming since REI took the position to not offset the cost of returns is why people may have not purchased steadily from REI(based on my large set of friends who purchase from REI)

Before the pandemic any time anyone asked me where i shop for clothes, gear, or go to for all my outdoor and adventure needs i would say "No matter what go to REI!!!"

Now with the Pandemic and Post Pandemic based on the community response and customer lack of service and options respone... "SHOP ANYWHERE BUT REI!!!"

0 Likes