cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

problems with signature line

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a signature line for my posts but its not showing in my posts the way I think it should.  Currently, my signature is supposed to be a squiggly line and some words however only the squiggly line is appearing.  And I see others with some really fancy signatures.  Are there directions somewhere for how to set these up?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
5 Replies

@Luv2Kayak 

Thanks for reaching out!

We do have a size restriction on signature lines. Some users, like superusers, are allowed to bypass that size restriction because we need to include the language about being superusers in addition to their signature lines.

We do have a 'How To: Create A Signature for my posts' article, however, based on your post above it looks like you're taking the appropriate steps already.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks @REI-JohnJ .  I figured out what is mentioned in the post.  What I can't get is to make it look/format the way I'm trying to do it.  I'm trying to have two lines and only the first appears.  Maybe that's not allowed but the box has room enough for 3 lines.  I'll play some more and maybe change what I'm trying to do.

Let's see how this works...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside

That's better.  Still not centered, but better.  And look, it went back and reformatted the signature line on earlier posts.  It's magic!

Found Myself Outside

@Luv2Kayak 

It's looking great! If you'd like it centered, try this:

Type <center> before the text for your signature and </center> after. That should bring everything between those html codes to the center. If you can't get it to work let me know and I'll see if I can help. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

That worked!  And now that I know its html code, I made it italics too.  <i> didn't work but <em> did.

Thanks for your help @REI-JohnJ !

Found Myself Outside
0 Likes