cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Price match MSRP?

I know REI does not price match competitors or sale prices but what about MSRP on the manufacturer's web page? I'm not used to seeing REI prices over MSRP.

I'm shopping for a Marmot sleeping bag for a Christmas gift and the price buying direct from Marmot is cheaper than the REI price. Maybe the MSRP has dropped and REI has not adjusted their price yet?

I'd much rather purchase direct from REI than Marmot but to save a few dollars I'm considering ordering direct from the manufacturer.

0 Likes
4 Replies

@Steve-o 

Thank you for reaching out to us with more details via direct message. We will circle back with you when we have more information to share.

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I, too, have this same question.  I asked employees at my local REI store if they would price match the manufacture's sale price (Mountain Hardware) -- the answer was a point blank NO.  However, I decided to go ahead and purchase the item from REI, because I was told that I could become a member and would receive a 20% off coupon (could be used beginning 11/12), and at that time, they would adjust the price of the item (which I purchased for full price on November 7).  After reading JohnJ's reply to Steve-o, I'm curious about price matching the manufacturer's discounted price, and receiving the 20% off if I show up at the store on November 12 with my November 7 purchased item (tags still on and receipt in hand).  Please help me understand the price math and 20% discount coupon on a regular priced item.  Thank you!

0 Likes

@Steve-o@CherylL 

Thanks for asking the question, providing more details, and your patience as we worked on tracking down the information you need.

It is correct that REI does not price match. We do evaluate our prices and make adjustments from time to time if necessary, which may include sales, clearance events, MSRP changes, and inventory remaining at the end of a season as some examples. There are many variables that can impact the price of an item, so occasionally, as was the case with Steve-o's sleeping bag, there was a delay between what was listed on the manufacturer's website and REI.com. We checked this morning and it appears those prices are now the same.

CherylL, we encourage you to reach out to your local REI store for clarification as the member coupon terms and conditions state that the coupon is 'not valid on prior purchases'. Because we do not have visibility to order or purchase information, your local REI store team is best equipped to work with you to find a solution.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for the follow-up @REI-JohnJ - as usual, REI comes thru for the win!

0 Likes