cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Poor Customer Service

On May 24th I made an online purchase at REI.com. It was supposed to be delivered on June 3. It wasn't. By June 9th I had completely forgotten about my purchase until I got my credit card statement, I look on my REI account to see what happened. On the Laser Ship tracking site I see "06/03/2021, 7:53 PM, DELIVERY COULD NOT BE COMPLETED - UNABLE TO LEAVE PACKAGE" Then there are a bunch of messages that say "YOUR PACKAGE HAS BEEN SECURED IN OUR FACILITY AWAITING INFORMATION TO COMPLETE YOUR DELIVERY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION" Huh?!?!

I email REI, who then tells me this can not be resolved on email to call. I call and after 20+ minutes of waiting on hold I find out the package is lost (stolen by the shipper I'm guessing) and do I want a replacement shipped? Why do I have to be the one to track this down?  Why wasn't I automatically sent a replacement when the original was lost? I guess I am spoiled by Amazon, if there is a problem or something is lost, an automatic replacement product is shipped. I don't have to play detective to find out where my stuff is and waste my time. 

I thought since I am a member, and I thought RIE was different, they might actually give a **bleep** instead of empty apologies and being told  "Best wishes for your outdoor adventures."

I got my money back, and I will be spending it elsewhere. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@pghstillers 

Thank you for reaching out, although we are sorry it is because of your negative experience with REI. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate teams. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We work hard to deliver great customer service and, while we sometimes miss the mark, we hope you will give us the opportunity to try again in the future.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
Join the community